The Progress Media Communications working group has formulated the following draft items for a company-wide Communications Policy:
- Telephone Calls
- All external phone calls will be answered within two rings (three audible rings to the customer).
- All internal phone calls will be answered within three rings.
- Staff will answer telephone calls with a greeting (eg, good morning), their first name and their department.
- All enquiries from the Press must be passed to Marketing.
- Written Communications
- All letters must conform strictly to the house style
- All letters will end with a suitable complimentary close, signature and then the full name, job title and department of the sender, in bold.
- Multi-page letters must be printed on official continuation stationery.